Woodinville Drama Booster Kickoff on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 @ 6PM
All parents and students of WHS theatre and tech theatre for 2017-18 are invited to attend the annual Woodinville Drama Booster Kickoff. This invitation also includes
students tentatively registered for any drama classes at WHS -- a special welcome to new students to the program, including all 10th graders and the
inaugural class of 9th graders at Woodinville High School!
This booster club activity will be a casual potluck get-together where the parents will be discussing the upcoming year of drama activities while the kids enjoy ice breakers, swimming, games and improv.
We will have a brief meeting where Susan Lampe, President of the WHS Drama Boosters Club, will introduce the Booster Club and opportunities for fundraising and volunteer, and Josh Butchart, WHS Drama Director (Drama Teacher), will give an overview of the WHS Drama Department and the productions and activities that are planned for the 2017-18 school year.
The Kickoff will be held in the Cottage Lake Beach Club cabana (18808 NE 168th St., Woodinville, WA 98072) on the southeast shore of Cottage Lake. Bring your suit and a towel for swimming in the lake (there's even a convenient shower there for
washing off)! The covered cabana will be reserved exclusively for our group.
Families are requested to bring the following for the potluck:
- 9th graders (class of 2021): drinks (2-liter soda or juice)
- 10th graders (class of 2020): side dish
- 11th graders (class of 2019): dessert
- 12th graders (class of 2018): heavy appetizers
Please e-mail Susan Lampe (or phone (425) 417-9754) with any questions. Hope to see you there!
Open WHSTC Booster board positions
As the year comes to a close, we would like to thank all of you who helped the Drama Boosters this year. Whether it was donating concessions & rehearsal snacks, serving at the dinner, washing cars at the Car Wash in the fall or donating items for our auctions, we couldn’t have done it without you!
In order for the Boosters to continue to be as successful next year, we need your help. Many of next year’s board positions need to be filled ASAP as our current board is primarily made up of senior parents.
In case you are not familiar with what we do, we provide funds and support to the theatre department by raising money for field trips like the State IE Festival, costumes, pizza for everyone on Build days, guest speakers for the students, and much, much more. We meet once a month in the black Box with Mr. Butchart for about an hour.
Please contact us if you have any questions or an interest in being part of our wonderful group who are here to help YOUR student and YOUR drama program continue to be successful. These are the open positions for next year:
- Fundraising: Organize and run various fundraisers including, but not limited to, our annual car wash, and our Silent Auction during the Spring Musical. This position is open to any new fundraising ideas that may be brought up and approved by the booster board. Fundraising is KEY to the success of the department, as Booster money is what supports a majority of the activities in which our drama students participate. The annual district budget for Drama does not even cover the costs of one show.
- Treasurer: CPA or accounting experience a huge plus. Maintains financial statements, filing of IRS papers, maintains budget, deposit of funds, payment of bills, close cooperation with drama teacher as well as executive committee.
- Vice President: Assists the President(s), filling in when volunteers are short and helping with various duties learning to take over the position of President the following year.
- Concessions: Acquires donated candy, baked goods, water, roses etc. before performances and coordinates and oversees student volunteers at concession booth before and during intermissions at all drama productions; submits proceeds to Booster Treasurer.
- Programs: Solicit and receive program ads from local businesses – seeking ad sales from parents is strongly encouraged. Interface with teacher and student publicity heads to create and proof program. Pick up program from Graphics Center.
- Publicity: Work with drama teacher on posters, PR releases. Manage Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter presence. Coordinate student Poster Blitz before every show (within school and around Woodinville/Redmond businesses and retirement homes), PR release to various newspapers (Woodinville Weekly, Seattle Times, Redmond Reporter, etc.)
Please feel free to forward
this information to anyone you know whose student is coming to WHS in the fall and will be taking Drama! Any interested in a board position should contact
current Booster Club Co-Presidents, Stephanie Penoyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
Jenny Sullivan (Jennys@msn.com), or our incoming Booster President, Susan Lampe (email@example.com).
Woodinville Drama Fundraiser: Go Green & Grow
The WHSTC Boosters are pleased to announce their next fundraiser, "Go Green and Grow!" From April to October,
simply navigate to Plants4Home.com, order plants
for your house and garden using the promo code "WHSDRAMABOOSTERS", and you'll be contributing to the Drama program while
enjoying your beautiful new plants at the same time.
See this flyer for more information!