Open WHSTC Booster board positions
As the year comes to a close, we would like to thank all of you who helped the Drama Boosters this year. Whether it was donating concessions & rehearsal snacks, serving at the dinner, washing cars at the Car Wash in the fall or donating items for our auctions, we couldn’t have done it without you!
In order for the Boosters to continue to be as successful next year, we need your help. Many of next year’s board positions need to be filled ASAP as our current board is primarily made up of senior parents.
In case you are not familiar with what we do, we provide funds and support to the theatre department by raising money for field trips like the State IE Festival, costumes, pizza for everyone on Build days, guest speakers for the students, and much, much more. We meet once a month in the black Box with Mr. Butchart for about an hour.
Please contact us if you have any questions or an interest in being part of our wonderful group who are here to help YOUR student and YOUR drama program continue to be successful. These are the open positions for next year:
- Fundraising: Organize and run various fundraisers including, but not limited to, our annual car wash, and our Silent Auction during the Spring Musical. This position is open to any new fundraising ideas that may be brought up and approved by the booster board. Fundraising is KEY to the success of the department, as Booster money is what supports a majority of the activities in which our drama students participate. The annual district budget for Drama does not even cover the costs of one show.
- Treasurer: CPA or accounting experience a huge plus. Maintains financial statements, filing of IRS papers, maintains budget, deposit of funds, payment of bills, close cooperation with drama teacher as well as executive committee.
- Vice President: Assists the President(s), filling in when volunteers are short and helping with various duties learning to take over the position of President the following year.
- Concessions: Acquires donated candy, baked goods, water, roses etc. before performances and coordinates and oversees student volunteers at concession booth before and during intermissions at all drama productions; submits proceeds to Booster Treasurer.
- Programs: Solicit and receive program ads from local businesses – seeking ad sales from parents is strongly encouraged. Interface with teacher and student publicity heads to create and proof program. Pick up program from Graphics Center.
- Publicity: Work with drama teacher on posters, PR releases. Manage Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter presence. Coordinate student Poster Blitz before every show (within school and around Woodinville/Redmond businesses and retirement homes), PR release to various newspapers (Woodinville Weekly, Seattle Times, Redmond Reporter, etc.)
Please feel free to forward
this information to anyone you know whose student is coming to WHS in the fall and will be taking Drama! Any interested in a board position should contact
current Booster Club Co-Presidents, Stephanie Penoyer (email@example.com) and
Jenny Sullivan (Jennys@msn.com), or our incoming Booster President, Susan Lampe (firstname.lastname@example.org).